Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ramblings from Cheyenne

Today we tried a new church. It was very interesting. I had to choose between Friends or youth small groups. The small groups are held at one of the youth’s homes every week so I chose Friends. The lady's name who taught the friends class was Ms. Diane!!! They where even working on the prayer unit. I thought that was funny and that was probably the highlight of the evening. I even know how Chloe felt since I was the only one in my class. There was this circus going on at one of the schools and there was a heavy fog so it was very empty. Knowing me the night would not have been complete without crying. When the lady went out to check on the other groups, I think for collecting offering and that stuff like Ms. Juli does, I lost it. It was just so different. The church was small, I met no one, and I kept thinking about Maryland. We are going to try the church again on Sunday and see what we think of that. Trey and I are also going to try their youth group called Unashamed.

MISS U ALL BUNCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Cheyenne


Well what more can I say......Tonight was HARD! So much is going on and so much for me to process. Marlin can home today and mentioned the dreaded word "DEPLOYMENT". Yes, he is going to go away for a year in the very near future. His company told him to get his family in order and well how do you do that when we are living in a hotel. Made two phone calls today about a house but haven't heard anything back. I even went as far as posting a request on Craigslist. This is the part of ARMY life I dislike.

Church was the straw that broke the camels back you could say. The boys had a good time, of course. Cheyenne on the other hand not so much. All she wanted to do was meet some new friends and being the only girl that didn't happen. It was hard to see her cry. I cannot stand to see my children sad or upset. As their mom I just want to fix everything and there are some things I just cannot make better. The church itself was smaller than we are use to but the people were very friendly. We met the pastor and he reminds us of a big Teddy Bear. LOL The whole experience made us miss our church family in Maryland... you guys will forever be in our hearts. It also made me think a lot about the our Friends class back in MD. Cheyenne and I started talking about all the little things we missed....the fun, personalities, the expressions, and of course dodgeball.

We have decided to go back on Sunday and check out Sunday School and Service. We will also go back for evening service as well.

Please continue to pray for us and that we find a home soon. Homeschooling in the hotel is not my idea of fun. Oh and by the way the weather has been really weird here. Can you believe tonight it was 44 degrees. The snow is melting like crazy. They say the snow is coming.....will let you know if it does.

Chel

No comments: