Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Date Night

This past Thursday, Marlin and I had a so called date night. It was a little work related but in the end we were out together with no kids. Therefore, must have been a date. LOL

Marlin’s company was hosting an 80’s and below Spring Dance. I was initially going to do the whole poodle skirt thing but with the Military Ball a week after I wanted to keep the cost to a minimum. I’ve never attended a function like this and was afraid I would be the only one dressed up. So, I opted for the 80’s theme. Didn’t want to venture to far out of my comfort zone. Plus, I thought this shouldn’t be a problem since I lived through the 80’s. All I had to do was think about all the things I wore back in jr./high school. You know the MC Hammer pants, bunchy socks, florescent belts, jellies, bracelets, and don’t forget the faded/torn jeans. If only I would have held on to all my old clothes (provided I didn’t have children and weigh more) I could have worn them. The amazing thing is all these things are back in fashion now and you can buy it anywhere. So I decided that the History lesson for the day would be shopping for 80’s clothes. The boys had fun for a little while but after about an hour and 4 stores they were done. Cheyenne on the other hand was trying to pick out things that she knew she could wear as well. She would say, “Mom, it’s ok if you don’t want it anymore. I will gladly take it off your hands when you are done with it”. Wasn’t that nice of her?

It would only be fitting that I found just the right clothes at the same place I use to shop 20 odd years ago…The DEB Shop. So with much help from my children, who encouraged this way too much, here we are some pics from our Oldies Date Night. Cheyenne was our photographer for the evening.




The dance itself was a lot of fun. I even managed to Marlin to dance with me. Yes, he got up and did the twist. Mind you a man with a bad back should't really do this dance as we discovered. We both laughed so hard. We also slowed dance together for the first time in about 13 years. Way to long.
This Friday is the ball so I cannot wait to dance some more.
By the way the shirt Marlin is wearing his daughter picked out for him. It says,"Kicking it Old School". LOL She can get her dad to wear anything. LOL





No comments: