Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Holiday Joy

Well, I think I am ready to celebrate the birth of our Savior. My house may not be the cleanest, the beds are not made, the bathrooms could use a little elbow grease and the carpet could use some TLC, but does all that really matter? I am looking forward to spending Christmas with family and reflecting on God's gracious love.

This past Sunday in church, our pastor was talking about "JOY" and what brings us joy. Well, I have to say the one thing during this Holiday season that brings me the greatest joy is going to Christmas Eve service with my Mom. Over the years there have been times when I wasn't able to go to service with my mom but just being at a Christmas Eve service where ever we happen to be living always made be feel like we were together.

Another reason I love Christmas Eve is the singing of the last song, "Silent Night." This song always brings a tear to my eye. It is a beautiful song but for me it is more than that. Growing up I have the greatest memory of my mom singing to my brother and I that very song. I can picture myself on the bunk bed right now with my mom right there. I am tearing up just thinking about it. Mom you are the greatest!!

This will be our last Christmas home for a couple of years as we are heading to Fort Drum, NY. I heard they have lots of snow so I don't think we will be driving anywhere during the holiday season. However, you can guarantee that I will be at a Christmas Eve service somewhere.

God Bless and have a joyous Holiday with your family and make lasting memories!

Merry Christmas!

No comments: