Sunday, December 14, 2008

Cleaning Up

Well, I am almost done. I have been busy cleaning out every room upstairs in anticipation for our big move. This will be our seventh move with the Army and I have learned many lessons along the way. I started with Cheyenne's room and made it through there pretty quick. The boys, well that was another story. Tyrin gets so sidetracked. I tell hi m to sort, he plays. I tell him to clean something up, he disappears. In the end, we got the room cleaned out and I worked my way to the game closet and my bedroom. The bedroom was all my mess. I had to go through all my clothes. Look at this mess....

I do find myself reminiscing about the past. I find old letters from my husband and letters I sent him when he was in Iraq. You cannot help but stop and read a little of the past. Then you come across old memorabilia and share it with the kids. I love times like these. Don't get me wrong I love to purge as well. This is a benefit of moving with the Army. We are only allowed so many pounds and never have the space to store lots of stuff at our new home. I have learned over the years that if you don't want it, like it, or use it get rid of it. My kids will either turn out to be horders or clean freaks. LOL


Now it is time to direct my attention to the downstairs.

No comments: