Sunday, December 7, 2008

Weekend Happenings

Friday night our children participated in an all night Missions Fundraiser for BGMC (Boys and Girls Missionary Crusade) at our church. They were so excited to stay up all night. Cheyenne and Trey were attending as volunteers and Tyrin was going to participate.

Tyrin raised $164.00 to donate to BGMC. He was very active in asking people to pledge money. He was very excited to ask both our Pastor and his wife. See there was an incentive that the boy or girl with the most money pledged and the most sponsors would win a big prize. When I picked Tyrin up the next morning he told me he won the gift card to Target because he raised the most money. I told him he should give me the card since I donated money as well and then it would be like paying me back. He proceeds to tell me, "Mom, I cannot do that it would be plagiarizing". I couldn't help but chuckle.

Tyrin managed to stay awake until at least 4 am and Cheyenne and Trey stayed awake all night. They were exhausted the next day. The funny thing is... Since we are fixing to move we decided to sell the boys bunk beds and it just so happened the lady was coming on Saturday morning to pick them up. So when the boys come home from church exhausted they didn't have a bed to sleep in. Don't worry their Grandma brought some cots down for them. But don't they look happy. LOL They only need to sleep on them for 53 more days.




Today, was very cold on the way to church. However, it still isn't as cold as it will be in NY when we move. I like to check the weather report on occasion and compare it to where we are going to where we wanted to go. Right now the temperatures are:

WHERE WE ARE: Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD: 25F feels like 12F

WHERE WE WANTED TO GO: Fort Wainwright, AK: -15F feels like N/A (must be cold)

WHERE WE ARE GOING: Fort Drum, NY: 3F feels like -7F

FORT DRUM ISN'T LOOKING TO BAD!

No comments: